From OutWorlders Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Atlanta OutWorlders Business Meeting Minutes for 2019/06/16

Attendees: Robert M, Eric M, Christian H, Travis W, Leah F, Paul M, Robert A, Bryan F, Vader, Brad K

11:05 - Called to order

Special guest Lindley, representing Morehouse School of Medicine, spoke about coordinating with us to promote connection with community and new study, All of Us; health initiative to reflect our diverse population; would like to attend Pride Game On!

Officer Reports

President - wrote up meeting minutes from May and provided for upload; looked to meet with Darie from OutlantaCon for help with non-profit status but had not been able to yet; created Video Game Night graphics and created flyers; confirmed McKoy Park for summer Picnic

Vice-president - emailed sponsoring members about the upcoming vote; attended WerewolfATL event to introduce OutWorlders; worked with Robert A to create a proposal to restart the Reader's SIG

Treasurer - Square/credit card reader functional; PayPal account established but not yet used; Venmo is functional; strategy for filing for non-profit status still under discussion but expected move forward this year; estimated cost of $300 to $800; membership count at 31

Internet Coordinator - fixed a few bugs related to event display; meet with a potential candidate to fill IC position

Public Relations Coordinator - ran promotions for upcoming events on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter; sent information on upcoming events to Project Q and posted on Eventbrite and NextDoor; added events to and AJC Calendar; added pages and graphics for events to the website

Historian - uploaded proposals and minutes to the wiki Outreach Committee:

Eric recommends collaboration with WerewolfATL at an upcoming event; at a library would be preferable, because we'd need a separate room and maybe a whiteboard


June Game Night - held at Scott's Crossing Branch Library; 45 attendees, 7 newcomers; buttons brought in $15; donation competition between Sonic and Mario, with Mario winning; next game night is 7/6 at the Metropolitan Branch Library

May Movie Night - held at Robert and Jack's house; 12 attendees, no newcomers; watched Destroy All Monsters! and Aliens; a potluck was held; group voted to see Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movie next; next movie night will be at Robert and Jack's house and there will be a potluck

Video Game Night - first-ever, held at Spindle; 49 attendees; approximately $200 in donations were collected; 1 new sponsoring member sign up; demographics were mostly male, 50/50 white to POC; many came after having attended one game night before but hadn't returned; Spindle said they would be happy to host us again; Axis Replay interested in working with us; need to follow up

Unfinished Business

May Proposals Vote

2019 Year Planning Update - many goals met or underway; Belong.LGBT doesn't seem interested in coordinating so we'll pass on it; our accomplishments include: now accepting digital/credit card payments, swag purchased and successfully recouped price through donations; movie night developed; an increase in fundraising through donation competitions/voting; more movie outings; revitalization of SIGs; realigned our mission statement; sponsoring of other events T-Shirt Designs for 2019 - being developed by Christian; priced out at approx $30 each

New Business

Proposals for Introduction

Game On! Pride Event - to be held 7/25 at the Rush Center; OutWorlders will provide pizza, sodas, plastic wear, paper products; must be out by midnight

Video Game Night - to be held 7/20; World50 may not work out; venue TBD

Dames and Dregs - to be held 8/10; brainstormed swag items, such as stickers or bracelets

Correspondence Updates

Lavender Language - contacted by filmmaker fundraising for a new film; Robert volunteers to reach out

Internet Coordinator - contacted by Lance about taking the coordinator position

Morehouse School of Medicine - contacted by a research assistant, in re: Game On! Pride Night

Axis Replay - contacted by the manager of gaming center looking to possibly host a video game night

Inspiritus - contacted by a recruiter looking for volunteers to provide temporary housing for homeless LGBTQ youth; Vader will research it

Open Floor

Should contact Morehouse about what resources they may be able to provide

Summer Picnic - Deposit made for McKoy park; need to ask Ken if he's willing to grill for us again

12:43 - Adjourned