Atlanta OutWorlders Business Meeting Minutes for 2020/08/16
Attendees: Robert Allen (Vice President), Christian Hain (President), Leah Frey (Secretary), Bryan Faris (Treasurer).
11:05 AM - Called to Order
Reading and Approval of Minutes
July Minutes approved.
- President: Delivered OutWorlders Branded Shirts and Tanks; Prepared the first draft of the Bylaws Rewrite and will submit for the initial review
- Vice-President: In response to a post in the Facebook group, raised the question: “should we host multiple game nights?”
- Treasurer: Minimal activity since March as the activity is restricted to online events. Another t-shirt order received in August.
- Secretary: July Minutes posted.
- Events Coordinator: Vacant, duties performed by Vice-President and President; Held Virtual Jackbox Games on August 1. 13 people attended; Robert looking for volunteers to practice virtual Codenames before next game night; Reccommends creating a rotation between games and hosts; Reccommends creating a Facebook poll to ask what games people want to play.
- Public Relations Coordinator: Vacant, duties performed by Vice-President. Discussed Instagram Stories: Versus Stories and Question Stories; Adds content to Instagram; Provides some data about member interests. Versus Stories: A head-to-head challenge; Can be anything related to games, queerdom, or pop-culture; List of possible upcoming stories provided. Question Stories: Board-game related questions; Can give insights to what members like and don’t like to shape future game nights or game library; List of possible upcoming stories provided.
- Internet Coordinator: Vacant, duties performed by President; No significant updates. Several search queries about Atlanta book clubs.
- Historian: Vacant
Committee and SIG Reports
- Bylaws Committee: Christian Hain and Robert Allen attended. Finalized the first draft which will be submitted for initial review during the Business Meeting.
- Out@theMovies SIG: Suspended.
- OutReaders SIG: Met August 15, 2020 to discuss Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. No written report at this time.
- 501(c)3 Registration: Change Board of Directors minimum from five to three; Ensure there’s language about expeditiously filling officer vacancies.
- Merchandise: On hold.
- Monthly Video Game Nights: Matter closed.
- Game Library: On hold.
- COVID-19: Will discuss resuming in-person operations in 2021. Matter closed.
- Rush Center and GAYMER Events: Matter closed.
- OutlantaCon: Christian to reach out to OutlantaCon.
- Black Lives Matter: Promote March on Washington. 3 votes for. Support donations for a charity; Maybe get masks and donate $5 per quid pro quo exchange. Need to make plans to get shirts/masks into hands by Nov 20 (Transgender Day of Remembrance).
Proposal 2020-08-A. Reimburse Christian for OutWorlders Shirts: Christian submits proposal for reimbursement.
Multiple game nights in a month: Biweekly, first and third Saturdays. Charades, then codenames, then attendee’s choice.
1:02 PM - Adjourned