Called to Order
11:07 AM - Sunday, February 19, 2023
Robert Allen (President), Bryan Faris (Treasurer), Brandon Welch (PR Coordinator), Robert Marshall (Elections Coordinator)
Reading and Approval of Minutes
January minutes were approved with one typo correction.
Elected Officer Reports
- Seven paid memberships for 2023
- $60 in contributions after the Game Day announcement at Woof’s
- Sent start of 2023 budget proposal, if funding remains the same, may be able to afford one picnic and work on Game Library. Recommends asking for contributions at every event
- Robert and Bryan will meet at Truist bank on Saturday to establish debit cards.
Absent, no report.
- Robert Allen worked with Woofs to organize Game Day
- Co-hosted game day and happy hour at Woofs
- Added info to Meetup about being a welcoming space for LGBTQ+
- Renewed annual entry in gayellowpages.com
- Worked with Travis to print new sign-in sheets, printed 50 sheets
Appointed Officer Reports
Vacant. Duties performed by Robert Allen.
Past Events (since the last meeting)
- OutReaders (January): Read Circe by Madeline Miller. Unknown attendance (maybe eight, Robert Allen to verify)
- Out@theMovies: Watched Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog at StudioPlex. Five attendees (including one new)
- Game Day:
- Held at Woofs. 66-67 people attended (one line looks like it could be two names, but is hard to read. Christian has it recorded as 67)
- Discussed likes and dislikes
- Liked food and drinks
- Disliked parking
- Discussed hosting Saturday evening instead of during the day. Woofs is already busy in the day, so hosting it when it’s slower may alleviate parking
- Discussed bringing extra tables
- Happy Hour: 23 people attended (double what we’ve usually had). Going to My Sister’s Room may be a contributing factor. Discussed MSR having a cover event on Thursdays and keeping Happy Hour at My Sister’s Room on Wednesdays
- OutReaders (February): Read This is How You Lose the Time Wary by Amal El-Mohtar. Unknown attendance (Robert Allen to get a report from DeVon or Leah)
- Out@theMovies: To be held Saturday, February 25. The movie might be Ant-Man, but unsure. Robert Allen to reach out to Leah and double-check
- Game Day: To be held Saturday, March 4, 1 PM at Woofs
- Happy Hour: To be held Thursday, March 16, 8 PM at Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room & Ping Pong Emporium
- OutReaders: To be held Saturday, March 18, 2 PM. The book will be The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune
- Regular Business Meeting: To be held Sunday, March 19, 11 AM via Zoom
- Out@theMovies: To be held Saturday, March 25. The movie and venue are unknown (Robert Allen to find out from Leah)
- Game Day: To be held Saturday, April 1, 7 PM at Robert Marshall’s house
- Happy Hour: To be held Wednesday, March 12, 8 PM at My Sister’s Room (tentatively). Discussed “bouncing back and forth” between My Sister’s Room (Wednesdays) and Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room & Ping Pong Emporium (Thursdays). Event details to be revisited later
- OutReaders: To be held Saturday, April 15, 2 PM via Zoom. The book has not yet been determined
- Regular Business Meeting: To be held Sunday, April 16, 11 AM via Zoom
- Out@theMovies: To be held Saturday, April 22 or 29 (fourth or fifth Saturday)
Public Relations Coordinator
- Discussed Social Media Network Stats
- Facebook: Gained 11 Facebook Group members, gained 21 Facebook Page likes; highest engagement since Pride. Woofs reshared all of Brandon’s posts
- Instagram: Gained 20 Instagram follwers. Brandon to double-check the total follower count
- Twitter: Gained four Twitter followers
- Reviewed potential upcoming posts
- Reviewed pictures and Social Media Graphics
- Discussed promoting Woofs’ social media posts to reciprocate them sharing ours. Robert Allen would like to continue to build and strengthen our relationship with them
Vacant. Reviewed submitted report
Vacant. No report.
Committee and SIG Reports
Has not met, no report.
Game Library Committee
Has not met, no report.
There are two reports, but they have not been submitted.
- Briefly reviewed unfinished business items without updates
- Nametags: Reviewed designs. Robert Marshall found a box of 400 blank templates. Robert Marshall will print some once Christian sends the file
- Sign-in sheets: matter closed
- Outlantacon: Robert Allen will reach out to Leah for an Update. Leah shared the Game Library Inventory spreadsheet with Darie
Taking Attendance at Events: Discussed how to take attendance at the bar without bothering other bar patrons. Robert Marshall suggested using an OutWorlders Table Tent and having the sign-in sheet there. Robert Allen noted that having an area dedicated to hanging out makes it easy to take attendance. Will try having a sign-in sheet at the next event
The next meeting is March 19, 2023, at 11 AM
11:38 AM - Adjourned.
Submitted by Christian Hain (Secretary), February 27, 2023