OutWorlders, Inc. Regular Meeting Minutes for 2022-08-17
Attendees: Christian Hain (President), Robert Allen (Vice-President), Brandon Welch (PR Coordinator), Mouse
11:06 AM - Called to Order
Reading and Approval of Minutes
July Minutes not approved, quorum not met.
None. Vice-President mentioned needing to reach out to Outlantacon to coordinate next year’s convention.
- President: Postponed August events (or made them virtual) in response to new COVID-19 variant and Monkeypox; Contacted attendees of July Happy Hour via Meetup to let them know of possible exposure to COVID-19, no responses.
- Vice-President: No notable updates.
- Treasurer: No updates.
- Secretary: No report.
- Events Coordinator:
- Out@theMovies is not scheduled in July due to COVID-19. August Game Day was held virtually due to COVID-19; 15 people attended to play Pictionary. August Happy Hour was canceled due to COVID-19. OutReaders met to discuss The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu. Out@theMovies will meet in August at the Landmark Theater to watch Three Thousand Years of Longing staring Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba.
- September events mostly booked, yay!
- Discussed October Events. Game Night will be at Mouse’s House; costume theme? Happy Hour will be at Midtown Moon. Discussed a Fall picnic, October is too busy to have one. Discussed moving Game Night after Pride but decided it’s best not to move Game Day two months in a row. Discussed second game day, decided best not to force people to choose between book club or games.
- Public Relations Coordinator: Facebook group added five members; Discussed what to do with the Facebook group since we don’t own it, decided it’s best to post events to the Facebook page and Meetup and keep the Facebook group “parked.” Instagram and Twitter saw an increase in followers and profile visits.
- Internet Coordinator: Vacant, no report.
- Historian: Vacant, no report.
Committee and SIG Reports
- Bylaws Committee: No update.
- Out@theMovies SIG: No report.
- OutReaders SIG: Read Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu, the first of a trilogy. Meetup brings attendees from outside the Atlanta area.
- 501(c)3 Registration: No update.
- Fundraiser Possibilities: Closing the matter.
- 2022 Pride: Volunteer applications to open. Discussed redoing the T-Stand banner.
2023 Officers: Christian discussed possibly running for Secretary next year and discussed what to do with Game Library; Nothing states that the game library needs to be stored by an elected officer.
11:52 AM - Adjourned.
Submitted by Christian Hain, September 18, 2022