OutWorlders, Inc. Regular Meeting Minutes for 2022-06-18
Attendees: Christian Hain (President), Robert Allen (Vice-President), Bryan Faris (Treasurer), Brandon Welch (PR Coordinator), Mouse
11:04 AM - Called to Order
Reading and Approval of Minutes
May Minutes unavailable.
Reviewed emails from Pride (see Unfinished Business) and All-Stripes. We decided not to attend the All-Stripes event.
- President: Hosted Game Day at Guac y Margys with WerewolfATL. Hosted Happy Hour. Printed demo shirts and pennant banners from Printify, gave two shirts away as a "make-good" gesture for previously ordered shirts with poor quality.
- Vice-President: Added member approval process to Meetup. Added more games to Game Library. Reached out to Darie about game donation.
- Treasurer: Three new memberships. Paid for Social Media advertising. Truist account transition complete; no longer paying monthly maintenance fees.
- Secretary: No Report.
- Events Coordinator: Vacant, Duties performed by Vice-President. Two book clubs since the last meeting (see SIG Report). Out@theMovies saw Everything, Everywhere, All at Once, about eight people attended; this month’s movie night is canceled. Game Night was at Guac y Margys; didn’t have chairs at the high tables, but people didn’t seem to mind; WerewolfATL room was a little too noisy; WerewolfATL was waiting for a little over an hour before people started to play; next time would be good to have WerewolfATL arrive after our start time. OutRollers interest seems to have waned; not going to continue to report. Discussed finding other venues to add to Happy Hour rotations.
- Public Relations Coordinator: Six new Facebook members, 18 new Instagram followers, and two new Twitter followers. Spent $30 on Instagram Ads promoting Game Day; had 11 first-timers at Game Day.
- Internet Coordinator: Vacant.
- Historian: Vacant.
Committee and SIG Reports
- Bylaws Committee: No update.
- Out@theMovies SIG: Saw Everything, Everywhere, All at Once in theaters; about eight people attended. Leah is unavailable to host the next movie night; it will be canceled.
- OutReaders SIG: Discussed Autonomous by Annalee Newitz in May; five people attended; unanimous positive verdict. Discussed World War Z by Max Brooks in June; five people attended; mixed verdict (two thumbs up, two thumbs down, one thumb sideways).
- 501(c)3 Registration: No update.
- Fundraiser Possibilites: No update.
- RPG SIG: OutRollers interest seems to have waned, closing matter.
- 2022 Pride: Received an email from Steven Igarashi-Ball asking if we were interested in participating in 2022’s Pride event. Christian responded by expressing interest and asking for ground-level accommodations. Christian to follow up next week.
- 2022 Anniversary Party: Discussed dates to host Happy Hour/Anniversary Party event; Battle and Brew does not post next month’s event; Christian to reach out and reserve Thursday. Discussed budget, sheet cake, decorations, and gaming consoles.
12:07 PM Adjourned.
Submitted by Christian Hain, July 17, 2022.