OutWorlders, Inc. Regular Meeting Minutes for 2022-05-15
Attendees: Christian Hain (President), Robert Allen (Vice-President), Bryan Faris (Treasurer), Brandon Welch (PR Coordinator), Mouse
11:07 AM - Called to Order
Reading and Approval of Minutes
April Minutes approved.
Truist sent an email to Treasurer announcing that the bank account had been migrated from the Suntrust acquisition.
- President: Hosted Game Day at Guac y Margys. Co-hosted Happy Hour with Vice-President. Reached out to Pride to discuss the gaming tent. Discussed library cards: do we have a plan to track them? Are we reminding people to fill them out? Are we providing pens?
- Vice-President: No Report.
- Treasurer: One new cash contribution from May game day. Received a new debit card from Truist bank. Recorded Battle & Brew gift card as an in-kind donation. Filled out the form for Pride Bucket Brigade.
- Secretary: No Report.
- Events Coordinator: Vacant, Duties performed by Vice-President. April Happy Hour was at Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room & Ping Pong Emporium. Out@theMovies had four attendees to watch Dune (2021). Game Day was held at Guac y Margys and had 27 attendees; positive experience, although the food wasn’t great and drinks were kind of expensive. OutReaders has not met since the last meeting but will meet next weekend to discuss Autonomous by Annalee Newitz. OutRollers did not meet. May Happy Hour was hosted at Battle & Brew; used the gift card to buy appetizers.
- Public Relations Coordinator: One new Facebook member, six new Instagram followers, and two new Twitter followers. Would like to advertise upcoming events on Instagram.
- Internet Coordinator: Vacant, duties performed by President. Updated SSL Certificates.
- Historian: Vacant.
Committee and SIG Reports
- Bylaws Committee: No update.
- Out@theMovies SIG: Met to watch Dune (2021). Would like to see this SIG plan a little further in advance to try and boost attendance.
- OutReaders SIG: Did not meet since last meeting.
- 501(c)3 Registration: No update.
- Fundraiser Possibilites: No update.
- RPG SIG: No update.
- 2022 Pride: Leah volunteers for Bucket Brigade and Christian volunteers for morning shifts. Would also like to have a bucket in the tent. Also need volunteers to staff the game tent.
2022 Anniversary Party: Would like to host at Guac y Margys or Battle and Brew. Would be nice to have a discount on drinks at Guac y Margys.
12:01 PM Adjourned.
Submitted by Christian Hain, July 17, 2022.