OutWorlders, Inc. Regular Meeting Minutes for 2021/03/21
Attendees: Bryan Faris (Treasurer), Andy Shavers (Secretary), Robert Allen (Vice-President), Christian Hain (President), Andrew Segal (Event Coordinator), Robert Marshall (Elections Coordinator), Leah Frey.
11:06 - Called to Order
Reading and Approval of Minutes
- January minutes approved.
- February Minutes approved.
- President: Discussion with Darie about bylaws soon, out of town (3/28–4/3).
- Vice-President: 26 unavailable (deactivated) members removed from Facebook group. One follower on Twitter reached out to OutWorlders via Twitter for information.
- Treasurer: Two memberships received, 13 members. Corporate registration needs to be renewed this month.
- Secretary: No Report.
- Events Coordinator: Book Club was attended by six people, we read Middlegame by Seanan Mcguire. The book was liked by the majority. Werewolf was attended by 13 people and was very well received, we played Jackbox games after. Happy hour was attended by 10 people, later on, moved to Codenames Online. Verified dates for happy hour (4/13) and movie night (4/24) for April.
- Public Relations Coordinator: Vacant. Duties performed by Vice-President. There was a surge in activity on Facebook and Instagram. Will attempt more activity on Twitter to bring in more traffic to the page. Cosplay event possibility in April.
- Internet Coordinator: Vacant. Duties performed by President. There was a shoutout from gigablast.com for OutReaders.
- Historian: Vacant.
Committee and SIG Reports
- Bylaws Committee: No updates.
- Out@theMovies SIG: Leah Frey will resume Out@theMovies on the fourth Saturday of each month. The Old Guard will be the first new movie night, which will be on 3/27/21.
- OutReaders SIG: Read Middlegame by Seanan Mcguire. Liked by the majority. Will read The Dark Behind the Stars by Frank M. Robinson during April’s OutReaders meeting.
- 501(c)3 Registration: No updates.
- Merchandise: On hold.
- Game Library: 41 games, 6 extension packs have been donated as of 3/21/21. Discussed stickers for donated games.
- Black Lives Matter: No updates.
12:09 PM - Adjourned.
Submitted by Andy Shavers, March 21, 2021.