From OutWorlders Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

OutWorlders, Inc.

September 2015

The regular business meeting of Outworlders, Inc. was held on Sunday, September 20, 2015, at Robert’s Studio. Robert, Ken, Richard, and Jamie were present. The Secretary called the meeting to order at approx. 11:00am.

Special Interest Groups Reports

Readers Group

The next Reader’s Group meeting will take place on Sunday, October 4, 2015, at Amelie’s French Bakery. As a result of the poll posted on Facebook, the group is reading The Gumshoe, the Witch, and the Virtual Corpse by Keith Hartman.


No report.

Old Business

Robert delivered a report on behalf of the Pride Banner/Sign Committee. At our pavilion this Pride, we will have six corrugated, yard-sign size signs and one large banner designed by Robert, and Robert displayed proofs. The signs, especially the banner, are re-usable. The total cost of the signs is estimated at $225. Robert will be having them printed at Costco, and we should have them within 2 weeks. The members voted unanimously to approve the committee’s report.

The DragonCon meetup at Fandandles Bar at the Sheraton went very well and was well attended.

The Breakfast Salon had six attendees this month. We had a very good discussion, and Vandy Beth live tweeted some of our discussion topics under the #breakfastsalon moniker.

Attendance was good at the Friday Night Feature. The group watched Last Man on Earth and I Am Legend.

Dr. Who Night – No report.

New Business

Our next event will be the Fall Picnic on September 26, 2016 at the Commons. We will continue the annual “Iron Chef” competition tradition, and this year the secret ingredient is carrot.

October Game Night will take place on October 3rd at Robert & Jack’s house.

We need volunteers to work shifts at the Outworlder’s Pride pavilion. We also need volunteers to sign-up for the bucket brigade. Jamie will create a post on the Facebook page and the website to solicit volunteers. In absentia, the group nominated and, by unanimous vote, elected Bil to coordinate the bucket brigade again this year. To assist Pride volunteers, Richard will prepare an “About Us” talking points blurb for volunteers to use.

The meeting adjourned at approximately 11:55am.

Respectfully submitted by Jamie P. Woodard
Secretary, Atlanta Outworlders, Inc.