The regular business meeting of OutWorlders was held on Sunday, 21 August 2008, at 2:00PM at Atlanta Diner. Ed Degruy, Kris Harter, Dan Benge, Vandy Beth Glenn, Wm Boozer and Amanda Wiggins were present. President Degruy called the meeting to order.
- Nothing to Report
Vice President’s Report
- Ken is doing photo digitations and working on public relations materials for booth
- Please see Public Relations Coordinator’s Report, Below
- We have $2527.77
Events Coordinator’s Report
- Not present
Public Relations Coordinator’s Report
- Flyers are printed and ready for the OutWorlder’s Party at Dragon*Con and all mixers and food are purchased
- Flyers are printed and ready for the Rainbow Flag Party at Dragon*Con and all food is purchased for the party
Internet Coordinator’s Report
- Not Present
- See Vice President’s Report, above
Special Interest Groups Reports
The Reader’s Group met on 10 August to discuss The Last of the Wine by Mary Renault. Most people did not finish the book. Next months our read is Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan.
Is still on hiatus
was held on August 16.
- Kris Harter made the following proposal: I propose that the OutWorlders allot $75 to purchase decorations in a Luau/Tiki theme for 2009 parties as the items will be on sale soon.
- If you would like to volunteer for Outlantacon, please contact Scott Tatum at [Redacted]
- We’re looking for people who might be interested in forming a team for Aids walk Atlanta which takes place on October 19, if interested in being team captain or just being a member of the team, please contact the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Churvis has volunteered to DJ for the OutWorlder’s Party at Dragon*Con
The meeting adjourned at 2:57 PM
Respectfully submitted by Chris Hensley, Secretary, Atlanta Outworlders.