The regular business meeting of OutWorlders was held on Sunday, 20 April 2008, at 2:00PM at Atlanta Diner. Alan Siler, Jeff Smith, Vandy Beth Glenn, Dan Benge, Ken Fernandez, Carlton Harrington, Kris Harter, and Chris Hensley were present. The meeting was called to order by President Degruy.
- Thank you for a successful Spring picnic.
- Thank you to those who are hosting movie get togethers.
- Thank you Jeff Smith for clearing up the budget questions.
Vice President’s Report
- Nothing to report
- Eleven people attended the Renaissance Festival get together.
- We have $2506.16
Events Coordinator’s Report
- The Spring picnic was a success
- Star Trek night is this Friday
- Doctor Who was lightly attended
- Game night at Robert’s was a big success
- Next month game night is at JD’s. In May, Ken will host.
Public Relations Coordinator’s Report
- Currently updating the tri-fold brochure
- Alan provided information about the fan table for Timegate
Internet Coordinator’s Report
- Not present
- Collecting items
Special Interest Groups Reports
The book discussion group met Sunday, 13 April 2007, to discuss DEATH’S MASTER by Tanith Lee. It was not well received. In May, we are discussing AS MEAT LOVES SALT by Maria McCann. The group’s web page has been extensively revised.
The writers’ group meeting for March was canceled for lack of participation. We are scheduled to meet next Sunday at Amanda’s house.
Was held April 19, 2008, 8 people played all day
Nothing to report
- A proposal was made by Kris Harter. I propose that the OutWorlders spend $75 on a full page ad for the program book for Timegate 2008. An emergency vote was attempted but not enough persons/proxy ballots were present/received to meet by-law requirements. A straw poll was held and everyone present voted “yea”.
- A proposal was made by Kris Harter. I propose that Outworlders spend $75 preparing for and hosting a party at Timegate 2008, to exclude alcohol. Chris Hensley offered the use of his room for the party, he will contact Susan Rey because all party rooms are required to be in a specified area of the hotel.
- President Degruy offered to send an email with upcoming conventions in Atlanta.
- Proposal to be voted on: A proposal was made for $100 for Outworlders branded item to sell at pride. Discussion about the proposal: money was donated to purchase the bracelets last year. One thousand bracelets for approximately $500. The sale of the bracelets was successful in 2007 and a profit was made. All items were sold. Jeff Smith has the information about the prior purchase and will do more research and share it with Carlton Harrington and Chris Hensley. The proposal passed.
- A proposal was made by Jeff Smith to raise the amount from $100 to $250 for a branded item to sell at pride.
- We would like to get together for the following upcoming movie releases:
- Premieres 2 May, 2008: Iron Man-Edward Degruy will coordinate this event
- Premieres 9 May, 2008: Speed Racer-Dan Benge will coordinate this event
- Premieres 16 May, 2008: Prince Caspian-Carlton Harrington will coordinate this event
- Premieres 23 May, 2008: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-Chris Hensley will coordinate this event however, due to Timegate, it will have to be held the following weekend.
- A question was raised about fees to march in the Pride Parade. There is no fee unless a float is entered. Jeff Smith and Ed Degruy will check on the fee.
The meeting adjourned at 2:44PM.