The regular business meeting of OutWorlders was held on Sunday, 21October 2007, at 2:00 p.m. at Atlanta Diner. Ed Degruy, Kris Harter, Carlton Harrington, Ken Fernandez., Bil Boozer, Brent Philips, Dan Benge, Jeff Smith, Robert Marshall, Scott Bobo and Chris Hensley were present. The meeting was called to order by President Degruy.
Vice President’s Report
- Nothing to report
- Secretary was absent. Sent an email thanking the group as well as all individuals in the group who assisted at Gaylaxicon.
- We have $3148.00
Events Coordinator’s Report
- Asked for a host for a Thanksgiving event for people who will be in town.
- Thanked everyone for voting on the poll about where to bowl.
Public Relations Coordinator’s Report
- Stated that most of our major events were over for the year and that the fliers and such were completed, unless someone was attending a convention or event and needed some printed.
Internet Coordinator’s Report
- The website is working.
- Nothing to report
Special Interest Groups Reports
OutWorld Writers (Bil)
The writers’ group met Sunday, 23 Spetember 2007, with three members present. Its next meeting is scheduled for October 28, 2007.
OutWorld Readers (Bil)
The readers group met Sunday, 14 October 2007 to discuss Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison. One member had read the book years ago and she loved it, but none of the rest of us could make it through more than a few chapters. Its next meeting is set for 11 November 2007, where they will discuss The God Eaters by Jesse Hajicek..
Gaylactic Outpost Atlanta (Bil)
The final Gaylaxicon board meeting will be this evening, 21 October 2007.
- Nominations are now open for officers for 2008. Nominations close at the end of the next business meeting, 18 November 2007. Nominations may be submitted on the Sponsors List or at the meeting. Robert Marshall agreed to serve as Election Coordinator.
- Kris Harter made a proposal to be voted on at the next meeting. It reads: “I propose that Outworlders spend $50 on a party for Chattacon. The money will be sent on decorations, food, and drink mixers.”
- No Old Business
The meeting adjourned at 2:21 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Carlton Harrington, acting in Secretary’s absence