The regular business meeting of OutWorlders was held on Sunday, 19 August 2007, at 2:00 p.m. at Atlanta Diner. Ed Degruy, Michael Green, Kris Harter, Carlton Harrington, Ken Fernandez., Bil Boozer, and Chris Hensley were present. The meeting was called to order by President Degruy.
- Nothing new to report
Vice President’s Report
- Not present (no report)
- One new sponsoring member has joined this month.
- Not present
Events Coordinator’s Report
- Dragon*Con (Rainbow Flag Party Saturday night and Outworlders’ room party Sunday night)
- JD will be getting the fan tables Thursday.
Public Relations Coordinator’s Report
- Working on Flyers for the Dragon*Con fan table, the Rainbow Flag Party and the Outworlder’s Room Party.
Internet Coordinator’s Report
- Not present
- Working on a Picture collage for the fan table at Dragon*Con
Special Interest Groups Reports
OutWorld Writers (Bil)
The writers’ group met Sunday, 22 July 2007, to discuss submissions from Pete and Wendy. Its next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, 26 August 2007, at Ken’s home.
OutWorld Readers (Bil)
The readers group met Sunday, 12 August 2007, at Pete’s. We discussed Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, and had six members present. Its next meeting is set for 09 September 2007 and September’s book is Vintage by Steve Berman.
Gaylactic Outpost Atlanta (Bil)
The next Outpost meeting will be this evening, 19 August 2007, at Scott Tatum’s house.
- Proposal (Ken): Outworlders’ will provide $75.00 for party supply at Gaylaxicon 2007, but not to include booze.
- Proposal One: 20070701 Submitted by Jeff Smith, passed (9 aye, 0 nay, 1 abstaining)
It is proposed that Outworlders donate $250.00 to CHRIS Kids Rainbow Program.
- Proposal Two: 20070702 submitted by Jeff Smith, passed (9 aye, 0 nay, 1 abstaining)
It is proposed that Outworlders provide up to $75 for the Sunday night Dragon Con Party.
- Proposal Three: 20070703 submitted by Alan Siler, failed (3 aye, 3 nay, 4 abstaining)
It is proposed that Gaylaxicon 2007 be provided with $50 for food and supplies for the Trek Trak party at Dragon Con, not to include alcohol.
- Proposal Four: 20070704 submitted by Edward deGruy, passed (9 aye, 0 nay, 1 abstaining)
It is proposed that the Outworlders spend no more the $40 to purchase a cooler of at least 40 quart size with wheels (for ease of transportation) to be used at the annual picnics, Pride, and any other event that the officer body sees need to use it. This cooler will be held by a member of the current officer body for each new year.
- By-law Change: Tabled
In the event of a tie for an elected position, the election coordinator will assign heads or tails to the candidates and flip a coin to determine the new holder of the position.
The meeting adjourned at 2:32 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Michael Green, Secretary