The regular business meeting of OutWorlders was held on Sunday, 15 April 2007, at 2:00 p.m. at Atlanta Diner. Wm Boozer, Ed Degruy, Kris Harter, Robert Marshall, Jeff Smith, Shelby Smith and were present.
- Attended Frolicon last weekend.
- The proposal for removing the SIG for Gaylaxicon was withdrawn by Ed.
- There are currently 28 members who have paid dues.
- We have $1,244.16 in our account.
Internet Coordinator’s Report
- The number of hits on the internet are going up each month.
- Still needs link for setting up email.
Vice President’s Report
- Anime is next weekend at Dan’s place.
Historian’s Report (via V.P.)
- Ken is putting together a collage of recent pictures.
Event Coordinator’s Report
- Please send event suggestions to Kris H.
- A.C.E. is next weekend, the 20th-22nd.—OutWorlders will have flyers
- There were only three sci-fi events at Frolicon—we have the opportunity to bring more sci-fi oriented events with LGBT content next year.
- There will be group registration for DragonCon coming up.
- There is space for 5-6 volunteers in the group room.
Public Relations Coordinator’s Report
- Kris H. is doubling as P.R. Coordinator
- She needs assistance setting up the My Space pages, one for Outworlders and one for Gaylaxicon
- Gaylaxicon is having a party at A.C.E. on Saturday
- Shelby is stepping down as secretary.
- Ed said he will work to find a new secretary before next meeting.
Special Interest Groups Reports
The writers’ group canceled its March meeting. Its next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, April 22 at 1 pm at Ken’s home.
The book discussion group met at noon today, April 15, to discuss The Ordinary by Jim Grimsley. Its next meeting is scheduled for May 13, 2007 and May’s book is Elantris by Brian Sanderson.
Gaylactic Outpost Atlanta
Because of the vagaries of the calendar, the Outpost has not met since the last OutWorlders business meeting. Its next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, April 19 at Scott Tatum’s home.
- Proposal: In the event of a tie for an elected position, the election coordinator will assign heads or tails to the candidates and flip a coin to determine the new holder of the position.
- Proposal One: Withdrawn by Ed
That the Gaylactic Outpost SIG be dissolved due to being too cumbersome to be used at this point in the business of the Outworlders
- Proposal Two: Fails to Pass (1 yes, 5 no, 2 abstaining)
This amendment to the bylaws is intended to prevent a tie vote if none of the candidates steps down, as in the last election. (see March minutes for full description)
The meeting adjourned at 3 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Shelby Smith, Secretary