The regular business meeting of OutWorlders was held on Sunday, 18 February 2007, at 2:00 p.m. at Atlanta Diner. Dan Benge, Bruce Berryhill, Wm S. Boozer, Ed Degruy, Ken Fernandez, Kris Harter, Jeff Smith, and Shelby Smith were present.
- We will be putting footers at the bottom of our emails on Yahoo groups that will include info on how Outworlders functions, how to become a sponsor, etc.
- Ed has been doing the Outworlders 101 at meetings, and it has gone well.
Vice President’s Report
- No news to report
Internet Coordinator’s Report
- Will be automating the calendar
- Amazon said we don’t have enough referrals to make money; maybe we can add to links, ie footers on Yahoo messages
- Review of two proposals on the table. See below.
- We currently have $1,150.99 in the bank. Seventeen members have joined.
Event Coordinator’s Report
- There will be an event on the 5th Saturday in March—watch for more info.
- Chris Lund will be hosting Heroes at his place.
- Kris H. will be doing quarterly educational events, to start next quarter.
- The Anime Group:
- Anime Weekend is the last week in September. They have free tables, so the group will be getting one.
- The next event is Mar. 21 at Dan’s.
Public Relations Coordinator’s Report
- Kris R. is working on a general press release/intro letter on OutWorlders.
- Proposal One: It was proposed that the Events Coordinator be given a discretionary budget of $200. The proposal passed, 4 yes, 2 no, 2 abstaining.
- Proposal Two: It was proposed that the strategy gaming group be made a SIG called “Outworlders Gamers”. The proposal passed, 6 yes, 0 no, 1 abstaining.
Special Interest Groups Reports
The writers’ group met January 28 at Ken’s. Two members were present, and talked about each other’s work. The next meeting is February 25. On the mailing list, members have begun a writing exercise involving haiku.
The Readers group met February 11 at Pete’s house. No one finished reading Guy Hocquenghem’s Love in Relief, and will discuss the book at the next meeting on Mar. 11, along with the next book, The Man Who Folded Himself by David Gerrold.
Gaylactic Outpost Atlanta
- The Outpost recommends that they host the Saturday night party at DragonCon with the TrekTrak, leaving OutWorlders as the sole sponsor of the Sunday night party.
- Russell Broomfield is replacing Patrick Anderson at PR person for the organizing committee.
- Michael Green is organizing a casino night at Miss Q’s on Feb. 24.
- Plans are in the works to donate proceeds of the charity auction to YouthPride and Pets Are Loving Support.
- There was discussion about inviting YouthPride to Gaylaxicon. Youth are permitted to come, but those under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Outpost will be having a MomoCon table, a Atlanta Comics Expo table, and a TimeGate table.
- They will have an ad for Gaylaxicon in Starfleet Region II.
Funds for Special Events
There was also discussion about utilizing some of the group’s funds for regular events, like game night and Dr. Who night, to pay for refreshments. The discussion resulted in the option to designate $200 for the Event’s Coordinator to use in a discretionary fund. This was not officially proposed at this time.
The meeting adjourned at 2:45 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Shelby Smith, Secretary