Atlanta Outworlders Business Meeting
August 18th, 2002
Members Present: Edward deGruy, Kris Harter, Mike Allgood, William Gauvin, Marlina McKay, Lynn Swetz, Joy Hatcher, Bil Boozer.
Meeting started at 2:05pm.
- $354.62 dollars was July total for the Treasury.
- $150.00 was transferred to Mike Allgood for maintenance fees for the website for the first part of the year 2002.
- Joy Hatcher was installed as the new Outworlders Treasurer due to no one running against her. This has brought up some problems which will be addressed in New Business.
- .23 and .17 were deposited in the account by Paypal as a way to determine out account was able to receive funds from them.
- Meisha Merlin gave a check for $80.00 as our share of the Pride book sales. Many thanks to Stephen, Alan, and William for their help and charity to us!
- $20 each was donated by Edward deGruy, William Gauvin, Dan Boozer, Bill Boozer (Due to Paypal fees, Bill’s was $19.12) for the purchase of a DVD player and DVDs for the DragonCon Raffle. The monies were placed in the Treasury for ease of purchase.
- These deposits brought the Treasury to $364.14.
- The events calendar on the website is up to date. She will be sending a weekly reminder of events from here on out.
- She asks that anyone with new events send them to her ASAP so she can keep everything up to date.
- Alan Siler had previously announced the possibility of starting a Star Trek LARP soon. Details will follow in the near future.
- Chuck ([Redacted]) has started a Atlanta Gay RPG list. He is open to most any system and game. Just email him if you are interested for info,
- Website progressing well.
- $150 dollars has been paid for website maintenance.
Writer’s Group—Joy Hatcher
- Writer’s YahooGroup is at 20 members.
- Last meetings attendees were 8.
- Next meeting will be July 31st. Alan and Wendy will be reading at that meeting.
- Looking into publishing writings yearly.
- For more info contact Joy Hatcher at [Redacted] or [Redacted].
- Current list of raffle prizes available per request by emailing Kris at [Redacted].
- So far $34 dollars have been spent for a book to be signed by Margaret Weiss. No reimbursement has been requested for this.
- Joy Hatcher has been printing labels to cover over Pride specific info on the left over Pride raffle tickets so they can be re-used for Dragon Con for a savings of $50-$75 to the Outworlders.
- We are still in need volunteers that are registered members of the con for the fan table. The hours are from 10am to 8pm. Please email Kris if you are able to help out at [Redacted].
- We need donations of vodka (best to mix with in volume) for the party Saturday night at 9pm till 1am(ish) in the Hyatt Regency.
- Whatever money is made from the raffle will be put into the Outworlders’ treasury for disbursement.
- If you have a between $50-$100 dollar prize that you would like to donate to the raffle please contact Kris.
- Mike Allgood will be making badges for the fan table people as a way of making us more visible.
- Aaron from Lips Down On Dixie met with us. He announced that his group will donate 3 kegs of beer, some mixing alcohol, decorations, and bodies to help out to the party on Sat.
- Steve Berman will also be donating money to our party fund as well when he arrives in town.
- Mike Allgood will be providing armbands to denote 21 and older for the party. People will be carded at the door.
- An article about out meetings on Tuesday was passed around that was published in SoVo. Thanks to Mike Allgood for getting that info to them.
- Objections have been raised about lack of voting for the empty Treasurer position. Discussion was held and all members present agreed that as only one person was running, no vote was needed.
- To address the above issue Edward deGruy proposed a amendment to section 5 of the Outworlders’ by-laws to say “In the event that a vacant position for officer in the Outworlders is properly announced according to the by laws and only one person is nominated by voting time that person will be installed to the vacant position on the day the vote would take place.”
- An idea was discussed of alternating business-meeting days between weekend dates and weekday dates. Further discussion will be held on the business list.
- The first newsletter for the Outworlders should be done and on display at DragonCon.
- Kris had had 1000 sheets of yellow donated to her for printing up events flyers.
- Kris brought up the issue of the events email address not being about to post to the announcements list. This has since been corrected.
- Kris proposed a fundraiser for the group as a trip to Knoxville Tenn. and/or her parents place on the bay in Mobile, AL. Legal waivers were discussed as a safety issue for the group. She will post more details soon.
Meeting adjourned at 3:05pm.
Next meeting will be on September 15th, 2002 at 2pm at the Atlanta Diner. Inside this time.